Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I am in love with iPod

I have fallen in love with the iPod. No, I am not listening to music at all. I can't, I find that complete waste of time and it also gives me headache. Ever since Sejal arrived, I was missing my books and my reading. I just wasn't getting time to go to library...yes manoj, I know i have car and i know to drive but its such a big effort to take Sejal out and then car-seat and then to make sure that she doesn't cry in the library. So thanks to my Dublin county council library who gave me free membership to audio-books. Yes, I am the member for last 4 years now!!!

Anyways, I have the books in my own comfort now. While making chapaties, walking or even cleaning the house! God bless the technology!! My husband things I’m nuts but he also believes it’s just a phase. The iPod is his, you see!

I just started reading.........ahhh sorry.... listening to, and this is while cooking curry, A suitable Boy. I had no desire to read or buy this book until a friend recommended it . I like Vikram Seth and I went ahead and downloaded the book from the library. I completed the book in mere 4 hours. 2 hours in the morning and then 2 hours when sejal was fast asleep. I did like the book. I did read Vikram Seth's The Golden Gate 2 years ago and I liked his style of writing and I must say yet again he has not disappointed me.

Today I started listening to, The Devil Wore Prada. I had no desire to read or buy this book until I bumped into a trailer of the movie on Sky. I like Meryl Streep so I went ahead downloaded the book. So far I’ve finished maybe up to an hour and I can’t say it’s doing much for me. If I was reading this book, I’d be skipping pages. Some of the stuff is painfully bad and the writer uses the word “adult brain” about a million times in one hour. So maybe Meryl Streep isn’t being too smart taking on such a role; but she’s Meryl Streep, I guess she can do what she wants.


But still its not the same thing as taking that cup of tea, seating by the window and reading a novel. Ahh I missed those days!! But At the moment i am still loving my iPod.

Cheers to technology,
Love,
Snehal

No comments:

Post a Comment